Friday, November 12, 2010

Pocketship Full of Sand


It took me a while to build up the courage to tackle this project.  My wife and I are recent empty nesters and while I own my own business and still work more than full time I thought it would be a good project for my weekends.
I fancy myself as an amateur woodworker (some people build fine furniture, I build sorta fine furniture) but I have no boatbuilding experience.  Plus living in the desert of California, near Palm Springs, there are not too many resources or bodies of water to indulge my fantasy.  So, with encouragement from Dave Curtis (not from him but from his excellent blog) and from the patience of the guys at C.L.C. answering my many stupid questions, I decided to take the plunge (not literally).

The plans arrived- I chose to not do the kit- and the clock started ticking.


The pool table is finally getting some use




Awl ready to begin

1 comment:

  1. The pool table is also exactly where I did a lot of my pattern transferring. I fondly remember my sore thumb and fingers from pushing in all of those holes.

    Dave C

    ReplyDelete